St. Croix Sailing Club Presents the 2nd Annual
SAIL & SHARE REGATTA
August 26th – 27th, 2017
All proceeds benefit youth sailing at the Saint Croix Sailing School
This is a charity event with proceeds benefiting the kids in the St. Croix Sailing School, with our focus on contributing to their underfunded scholarship program. This is a great way for us all to directly contribute to one of the best programs running on the St. Croix River. What could be better then helping to instill a passion for sailing in today’s youth and investing in the future of this sport?
This regatta will be an open event, and we welcome all cruisers and racers from the St. Croix Valley and any extended sailing communities near and far to join us for this event.
- Time: Saturday, August 26th at 0900 hours.
- Location: St. Croix Marina Clubhouse click here for map
Dates of Racing: Saturday, August 26th and Sunday, August 27th
- The first race is expected to begin north of the Hudson railroad swing bridge, and end near the new St. Croix River Crossing in Stillwater. Competitors are welcome to enjoy lunch while leisurely sailing under the new bridge.
- The second race will return from the the St. Croix River Crossing to Hudson.
- Click Here for a map of shallow areas to avoid at low-pool.
- Traditional heavy-wind races on Lake St. Croix south of Hudson. Two or more races are expected.
- See the Notice of Race for more information.
- The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race for each day is 1100 hours.
Club Dinner: Saturday, August 26th following the races
- Location: St. Croix Marina Clubhouse, around 1700hrs.
- Menu: Roast Pork with all the fixings!
- Cost: $25, kids 12 and under $15
Party: Saturday, August 26th following dinner
- Location: St. Croix Marina Club House
- Charity Raffle
- Live Music – “Mel Travolta” – an awesome local four-man alternative rock band.
- All proceeds benefit youth sailing at the Saint Croix Sailing School
Award Ceremony: Immediately following racing on Sunday, August 27th at the St. Croix Marina Club House
Transient launching/docking may be available at a group rate. Contact us immediately to stay in the loop.
Division splits and SI’s will be available prior to the event.