St. Croix Sailing Club
June 9 – 10, and 23 – 24
St. Croix Sailing Club is offering a class this Spring in the basics of Sailing and Crewing on a variety of racing sailboats.
This class is for you if you have had some sailing experience but would like to become a more effective race crew member. The class includes four days of instruction that is split evenly between in-class time and on-the-water practice. Each afternoon you will be assigned to a different skipper and type of boat to practice race maneuvers along with fellow class members, experienced skippers, and experienced crew.
A 60-page handbook will be yours to keep. Morning in-class sessions cover topics such as knots, terminology, skippers expectations, race starts, sails and trim, tactics/strategy and the racing rules of sailing.
Each of the four class days include classroom instruction from 8:00 until noon followed by on-the-water practice (weather permitting) until around 4:00 p.m. Class sessions are held at the St. Croix Marina in Hudson. A membership in the St. Croix Sailing Club, picnic lunches, and an instructional handbook are included in the course fee.
The class is limited to 8 students this year, so register early to guarantee your spot!
You may register in two ways:
- Class + Crew Membership (for individuals)
- This registration entitles you the class plus all the benefits of being a Crew Member in the club.
- Crew members are welcome at all sailing events, as well as complimentary food at beverages on cruises, after Beercan races, and many other events.
- You will be included in the SCSC mailing list, and have access to the members-only section of the website.
- Class + Regular Membership (for families, dedicated sailors, or boat owners)
- This registration entitles you to the class plus all the benefits of being a Full Member in the club.
- Discounts on Crew Training are available to others in your household.
- All members of your household are considered members of SCSC!
- May bring your own boat to over 17 events. (optional)
- You (and your household) are entitled to food and beverages on cruises, Beercan parties, and many other events.
- Included in the SCSC mailing lists and communications, as well as access to the members-only section of the website.
- See the membership application for many more benefits.