September 3rd, 2022
The Labor Day Crew Swap Regatta was a hit last year so we’re doing it again! This is a fun way to increase involvement for new club members and for everyone to try something new, whether it’s crewing on a different boat or trying a different position on their regular boat. All boats and crew members should register using the link above. Saturday morning, the organizers will randomly assign crew to boats. Anyone (including non-member crew) are welcome to join us for this event.
To keep the event safe, skippers and one experienced crew member should remain on board their own boats, though they are still encouraged to swap to a different position.
Any boats that prefer keeping their standard crew should still attend—just swap the crew around on the boat! Is there someone who’d like to have a shot at helming a race? Been a while since the skipper was on the foredeck or did any trimming? Now’s the time.
- Friday, September 2nd, 1500 hrs.
- Crew members and Skippers are encouraged to register.
- Division splits will be published shortly thereafter.
- Late entries will be accepted – contact the R/C on VHF or by phone prior to the race.
Dates of Racing:
- Saturday, September 3rd, 2022
- Crew assignments 0900 hrs. All crew to be assigned will meet in St. Croix Marina parking lot near F Dock. Assignments will be made by drawing names from a hat.
- The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race is 1100 hrs.
- There will be 1 or 2 divisions based on registration entries.
- We will sail until around 3 or 4pm (2-4 races, weather permitting).
- Rick Hughes/Blew Bayou will host a Beercan style party immediately following racing. Beverages and a light meal will be served.