- Irish Temper represented by: Linda O’Donnell
- Savannah Rose represented by: Jon Morris (Written testimony)
- Witnesses: William Oster
- No objection about interested party: Check
- Written protest or request identifies incident: Check
- “Protest” hailed at first reasonable opportunity: Check
- Protest valid; hearing will continue: Check
Savannah Rose hit Irish Temper from astern and completed a penalty turn immediately afterward.
Irish Temper withdrew protest and requested redress of four minutes
Damage to Irish Temper was insubstantial in that it did not impede Irish Temper’s progress. Linda O’Donnell stated that there was “no damage that would stop us from the race.”
Diagram of boat Chief Oshkosh is endorsed by committee: Check
Conclusions and rules that apply:
Case 110 cited: “Under rule 62.1(b) the damage itself must be the reason a boat’s score or place is made significantly worse.”
Request for redress is denied.
Protest Committee: Steve Nelson, Brad Lahr, Ken Tennant, Rick Hughes
Chairman: Steve Nelson