St. Croix Sailing Club
June 9 – 10, and 23 – 24
St. Croix Sailing Club is offering a class this Spring in the basics of Sailing and Crewing on a variety of racing sailboats.
This class is for you if you have had some sailing experience but would like to become a more effective race crew member. The class includes four days of instruction that is split evenly between in-class time and on-the-water practice. Each afternoon you will be assigned to a different skipper and type of boat to practice race maneuvers along with fellow class members, experienced skippers, and experienced crew.
A 60-page handbook will be yours to keep. Morning in-class sessions cover topics such as knots, terminology, skippers expectations, race starts, sails and trim, tactics/strategy and the racing rules of sailing.
Each of the four class days include classroom instruction from 8:00 until noon followed by on-the-water practice (weather permitting) until around 4:00 p.m. Class sessions are held at the St. Croix Marina in Hudson. A membership in the St. Croix Sailing Club, picnic lunches, and an instructional handbook are included in the course fee.
The class is limited to 8 students this year, so register early to guarantee your spot!
You may register in two ways:
- Class + Crew Membership (for individuals)
- This registration entitles you the class plus all the benefits of being a Crew Member in the club.
- Crew members are welcome at all sailing events, as well as complimentary food at beverages on cruises, after Beercan races, and many other events.
- You will be included in the SCSC mailing list, and have access to the members-only section of the website.
- Class + Regular Membership (for families, dedicated sailors, or boat owners)
- This registration entitles you to the class plus all the benefits of being a Full Member in the club.
- Discounts on Crew Training are available to others in your household.
- All members of your household are considered members of SCSC!
- May bring your own boat to over 17 events. (optional)
- You (and your household) are entitled to food and beverages on cruises, Beercan parties, and many other events.
- Included in the SCSC mailing lists and communications, as well as access to the members-only section of the website.
- See the membership application for many more benefits.
- Registrations are not guaranteed until payment is received.
- Registrations may be cancelled if payment is not received within 7 days of your registration. You may pay online now, or by check through mail. Instructions for mailing your payment will be provided.
Crew Training registration is no longer available. Class is sold out.