St. Croix Sailing Club (SCSC) honors and enforces the following policies.
SCSC reserves the right to change these policies at any time. The Bylaws, Notices of Race, Sailing Instructions, Official Notice Board, and US Sailing’s Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) add to and may change these policies at any time.Nondiscrimination Policy
St. Croix Sailing Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, religion, or physical ability in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, racing policies, and other club-administered programs.
- Membership dues are required by May 1st. Members not having paid dues by that date shall forfeit all privileges of membership until dues are paid.
- Returning Race Registrations are required by the membership deadline. Penalties may apply for late registration.
- No refunds of membership dues will be made after May 1st.
- Anyone participating in more than 5 events is required to become a member.
- One boat membership is permitted per Regular Membership.
- Burgees are required to be flown on all boats attending events.
- At least one Regular Member is required to be onboard during events.
- One burgee is offered complimentary with all new boat registrations.
- Registrations are not transferrable to other persons or boats.
- All boats shall carry a minimum of $300,000 liability insurance and provide proof of insurance upon request by the Race Committee.
- No discounts will be granted for registrations made mid-season.
- All SCSC Board Members are required to be Regular Members (per Bylaws).
RRS 3 states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue to race is hers alone.”
Competitors participate in the event entirely at their own risk. The Organizing Authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
RRS 4.1 states: “By participating or intending to participate in an event conducted under the rules, each competitor and boat owner agrees to accept the rules.“
RRS 4.4 states: “The person in charge of each boat shall ensure that all competitors in the crew and the boat’s owner are aware of their responsibilities under this rule.”
Floods and bad weather can occasionally delay the Spring launch schedule at St. Croix Marina, where most of our boats are located or serviced. If fewer than 50% of boats registered for Yacht of the Year are in the water for early season races, the Organizing Committee has the option to postpone affected Yacht of the Year races and to cancel affected Casual Races.
The calendar is always subject to change, but the Board of Directors do their best to avoid date changes. If Yacht of the Year races are cancelled, there is one make up date for each event. If Casual Races are cancelled, they are not made up.
Any additional race dates or schedule changes during the sailing season will be advertised with as much notice as possible on the website, mailing lists, and social media. Failure to see or to be able to accommodate such changes shall not be grounds for refunds or redress.
Tip: Boats competing in Yacht of the Year should generally expect that make-up dates will be sailed.
- Traveling trophies will be awarded to those who finish in 1st place at events to which such trophies apply.
- Plaques (or similar) are typically awarded to boats competing in Yacht of the Year who have placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any qualified events.
- Plaques (or similar) are typically awarded to boats competing in Casual Races who have placed 1st in any qualified events.
- Traveling trophies at “Open” events, when won by boats or crews who are not members of the St. Croix Sailing Club, shall remain on display in the St. Croix Sailing Club Trophy Case at St. Croix Marina.
- Hosts will be reimbursed up to the amount specified on the registration form. Additional expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Hosts may suggest changes to the race format. All changes (especially those which affect Sailing Instructions or Notices of Race) must be approved by the Organizing Committee and Race Committee. It is recommended to submit format change proposals at least one week prior to the event.
SCSC is a family-friendly organization and youths under age 18 are welcome. Members bringing children or guests who are under 18 to club events are solely responsible for their safety and must provide effective supervision at all times.
St. Croix Sailing Club (SCSC) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We provide this Privacy Statement to help you understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement, and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described herein. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not provide your personal information to us via this web site.
Information You Provide to Us
To communicate effectively with visitors to our web site, we may ask you for personally-identifiable information that can include, by way of illustration, your name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number. It is your choice to provide us with this personal information; we will only collect personal information that you provide. SCSC will never sell or trade personally-identifiable information you provide to us through this web site to others unless we have your consent to share the information or we are sharing such information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
Personal information related to registration
If you use our web site to register for classes and programming we require that you provide us with certain personally-identifiable information including your name, address, telephone number, and email address. This information is necessary to process your application and to contact you. Credit card information is never stored on premises or electronically on SCSC computers.
When you visit our site, some information such as your Internet network address, Internet service provider, operating system, web browser version, site from which you arrived, and the time and date of your visit may be collected automatically as part of normal site operation. This information is used solely to track web browsing patterns to better understand how our site is being used, and when necessary, to troubleshoot problems with the site.
To disable the Meta’s tracking on our website, visit:
Links to Other Sites
This web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by SCSC. Please be aware that SCSC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site to which you provide personally-identifiable information.
This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by this web site.
Use of This Site by Children
This site is not designed for or intended for use by children under the age of thirteen, and we request that such individuals do not submit personally-identifiable information to this site.
We follow generally accepted industry practices to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time