St. Croix Sailing Club Presents the 3rd Annual
SAIL & SHARE REGATTA
September 1st and 2nd, 2018
All dinner & raffle proceeds benefit youth sailing at the Saint Croix Sailing School
NOTICE OF RACE – SAILING INSTRUCTIONS – COMPETITOR’S LIST
RACE REGISTRATION – DINNER RESERVATIONS
This is a charity event with proceeds benefiting the kids in the St. Croix Sailing School, with our focus on contributing to their scholarship program. This is a great way for us all to directly contribute to one of the best programs running on the St. Croix River. What could be better then helping to instill a passion for sailing in today’s youth and investing in the future of this sport?
This regatta will be an open event, and we welcome all cruisers and racers from the St. Croix Valley and any extended sailing communities near and far to join us for this event.
Racing will begin at 11:00 hours on the 1st and the 2nd of September on Labor Day weekend. Wind permitting, we are hoping for a long distance race from South of the I-94 bridge, to somewhere north of the Kinnikinnick River, and back on at least one of the days. Start times may be staggered and distances may be shortened due to weather conditions. These races will be a single division “Pursuit” races with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
The real winners however in these events are the SCSS kids.
We are currently looking for donors, sponsors, solicitors, contributors, and contenders!
Hosted by team SALACIA
- Time: TBD (only if needed)
- Location: St. Croix Marina Clubhouse click here for map
Dates of Racing: Saturday, September 1st and Sunday, September 2nd
- The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race for each day is 1100 hours.
- One day may consist of a race to Stillwater (weather & traffic permitting). That race will begin north of the Hudson railroad swing bridge, race north to the new Stillwater Crossing (round the bridge), and finish back near Hudson.
- The other day will consist of buoy races on Lake St. Croix south of Hudson. Two or more races are expected.
- Details on the race format will be provided a day or two ahead of time.
Club Dinner: Saturday, September 1st following the races
- Location: St. Croix Marina Clubhouse, around 1700hrs.
- Menu: Barbequed pork grilled to perfection on a spit and served in a variety of ways with all the fixings, GraMadonnas homemade from scratch baked beans, plus coleslaw and fruit salad.
- There will be a rum pour with cups to purchase from Captain Dave until the rum runs dry.
- Beverages: Beer, rum punch, iced tea, and lemonade will be included with the dinner purchase.
- Cost: TBD
And to go along with the Sail & Share part of this event, anyone who might like to contribute a dessert, please feel free to share something special for this awesome event.
Party: Saturday, September 1st following dinner
- Location: St. Croix Marina Club House
- Charity Raffle
- Live Music – The Twisted Knobs! Visit their FB page.
- All proceeds benefit youth sailing at the Saint Croix Sailing School
Award Ceremony: Immediately following racing on Sunday, September 2nd at the St. Croix Marina Club House
Racing Registration: TBA
Dinner Reservations: TBA
Transient launching/docking may be available at a group rate. Contact us immediately to stay in the loop.
Division splits and SI’s will be available prior to the event.