Here are a few tips to help you plan your Beercan party!
- Sign up on the Beercan page.
- Plan for about 40-60 people to attend; more if the weather is nice, less if poor. The budget is $250.
- If you are sailing, having a shore-side team is helpful, but not necessary.
- Plan for the weather! If it is going to be cold, hot dishes are king! If it is hot, simple cold salads, burgers and dogs work nicely.
- Crock pot dishes are easy, and always welcome. You can also take the easy way out and order pizzas or other delivery-type food. Just keep the budget in mind. Two deliveries of hot food is a good idea.
- There are grills and electric outlets at the point that can be used for food prep. Check the tanks of the gas grill to make sure they are full. The club has tanks in the shed you may use – please refill them if necessary.
- Crockpots and similar items can be plugged in at the SCMC banquet room kitchen while racing, then moved to the point for the party. (Covid Note: Check with marina for permission)
- A couple of days before the beercan, check the coolers in the club shed to see how much beer, water and pop there is (contact any board member for the lock code to the club shed). If more is needed, please stock up. Pop, water, beer and wine are good choices for beverages. While you are in the shed, check supplies of plates, utensils and napkins. If more are needed, please stock up.
- On the day of the beercan, fill the coolers with ice, close the drain, and transport them to the point.
- Take two trash bins to the point – one for recycling and one for trash. The club also has folding tables in the shed if needed.
- At the end of the beercan, make sure everything is cleaned up and dispose of trash and recycling. Drain and put the coolers back in the shed.
- Save all receipts and send them to the treasurer.
Anyone have more tips? We’d love to hear from you!