September 2nd, 2022
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Crew Swap Regatta! This event is a fun way to increase involvement for new club members and for everyone to try something new, whether it’s crewing on a different boat or trying a different position on their regular boat. All boats and crew members should register using the form below. Saturday morning, the organizers will randomly assign crew to boats. Anyone (including friends and non-members) are welcome to join us for this event.
To keep the event safe, skippers and one experienced crew member should remain on board their own boats, though they are still encouraged to swap to a different position.
Any boats that prefer keeping their standard crew should still attend—just swap the crew around on the boat! Is there someone who’d like to have a shot at helming a race? Been a while since the skipper was on the foredeck or did any trimming? Now’s the time.
- Crew members and SCSC Boats: Friday, September 1st, 1500 hrs.
- Crew members and Skippers are encouraged to register.
- Division splits will be published shortly thereafter, or just prior to racing.
- Late entries will be accepted – contact the R/C on VHF or by phone prior to the race.
Dates of Racing:
- Saturday, September 2nd.
- Crew assignments 0900 hrs. All crew to be assigned will meet in St. Croix Marina parking lot near F Dock. Assignments will be made by drawing names from a hat.
- The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race is 1100 hrs.
- There will be 1 or 2 divisions based on registration entries.
- We will sail until around 3pm (2-4 races, weather permitting).
- At The Point following racing, hosted by your Commodore, Steve Nelson with the help of Seth and Mark!